At The Connection, we believe that children belong in nurturing, safe families and that is what our foster families provide. In our therapeutic foster care program, Connecting Children and Families, we match youth of all ages with dedicated therapeutic foster parents, who open their hearts and their homes to a child.
Foster parents do so much more than provide a home — they provide a stable nurturing environment where children can grow, learn, enjoy their life and reclaim their childhood. We work closely with our families to ensure the children are placed in the best setting to meet their physical, cultural, and emotional well-being needs.
The Connection’s therapeutic foster care program, Connecting Children and Families, can make all the difference in giving a child a chance to be part of a family that provides dignity and hope. We take the time to provide you with information you need to become a therapeutic foster care parent including the required training. The Connection is here to answer any questions you may have and help you through the licensing process.
The Connecting Children and Families program takes the time to understand each child’s past, needs, and goals for the future. Families that provide patience, guidance, and structure for children who have experienced behavioral health challenges can create a positive outcome for the most vulnerable children in our state. We believe that every child has the potential to develop into a positive member of their community.
We provide the following support for foster care families:
- 24/7 On-call support
- Individualized support for foster parents at home
- 24-hour support on-call services with parent support clinician and Connecting Children and Families program director
- Skill development and ongoing in-service training for foster parents
- Respite care to keep families connected and nurtured
- Connect foster parents and child to community resources
- Assist with licensing and paperwork
We provide the following support for foster care youth:
- Weekly individualized attention with each child’s case manager
- Case management and individualized service plans
- Psychological evaluations and consultation
- Psychiatric and counseling services (when appropriate)
- Medication management (when appropriate)
- Family therapy
- Nursing for medically complex youth
Interested in being part of our foster parenting team with The Connection?
Please join the best team of foster parents! Learn more about our program by contacting:
Debra Borzellino, LMFT at email@example.com, or (860) 372-1890