Elm City Women and Children's Center
Elm City Women and Children's Center is a licensed criminal justice and residential treatment program for substance abusing women and their young children.
The mission of Elm City Women and Children's Center is to provide our clients with warmth, safety and structure in order to empower the rebuilding of the human spirit. We encourage our clients to sustain wellness and live a productive future with their children, free from abuse, crime and neglect.
Elm City, located in the historic YWCA building on Howe Street in New Haven, provides services for alcohol and drug abusing women facing incarceration who are 16 and older. Children in their custody under the age of five can reside and participate with them.
Program services include:
- Drug education to prevent relapse
- Assistance in identifying and procuring housing
- Family reunification assistance
- Educational Opportunities
- Assistance in handling their legal issues
Women and children served by Elm City enter the program under one of the following legal designations:
- Pre-Trial – These clients have been charged with a crime, but their case has not been resolved in court
- Condition of Probation – These clients have been placed at the program as a condition of their probation
- Direct Sentence – These clients are sentenced directly by the judge to the Elm City Program instead of incarceration
- Alternative to Probation Revocation – Clients are referred to the Elm City Program as an alternative to having their probation revoked
For more information on Elm City Women and Children’s Center, please contact Jacqueline Mcnamee at 203-752-9109 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 The Connection, Inc. All rights reserved.