© 2011 The Connection, Inc. All rights reserved.
Community Reporting Engagement Support and Training (CREST) Center
The CREST Center is a community-based day reporting program that serves individuals involved in the Criminal Justice System who exhibit moderate impairment from a psychiatric condition, mental illness, or co-occurring disorder of a sub-acute or chronic nature. Clients are referred by criminal justice agents as an alternative to incarceration. We utilize a case management service model to develop individualized service plans.
The CREST Center’s mission is to bridge the efforts of the mental health and criminal justice systems to meet the needs of community safety. This is done with consistent monitoring, support, and case management addressing the behavioral health needs of individuals. We work closely with the court/probation and parole/DOC agencies in an effort to provide a comprehensive and coordinated supervision plan.
The objectives of CREST are to offer offenders with chronic and complex behavioral health needs a positive sense of direction, to empower them to behave as law abiding citizens, and to coordinate a continuum of integrated services which inspire people to reach their fullest potential.
The CREST Center provides individuals with information, skills, structure, and the support needed to make informed decisions about their own treatment and recovery.
Individuals will strive to:
- Develop a collaborative relationship with their criminal justice/treatment team.
- Establish meaningful goals.
- Develop skills for reducing relapse and recidivism.
- Cope with stress and symptoms.
- Develop supports for managing their illness and pursuing their goals.
- Meet the criteria for DMHAS target mental health population
- Referred by: Parole, Probation, DMHAS, CSSD and DOC
To reduce recidivism, CREST Staff will address criminogenic risk factors, such as:
- Substance Abuse/Dependence
- Family/Peer Relationships
- Attitudes, Values, and Coping Skills
Treatment Strategies implemented by the CREST Center Staff include:
- Medication Monitoring/Education
- Housing/Transitional Planning
- Random Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Compliance with the Criminal Justice System
- Cognitive Skills Training
- Daily Living Skills Training
- Substance Abuse Education
For more information on the CREST Center, please contact Gregory Bivens, Program Manager, at 203-848-2180 or via email at email@example.com.